Sunday, April 25, 2010

A history in rocks

So, it has been a busy week and I have been collecting up items for my stop motion. I have been painting rocks with all the varying colors of the rainbow...or every ethnicity. I am doing a "History of Rocks" which will conical the control struggle in the United States throughout history.
I don't think animation has given history it's proper due, our history is what gives us such good stories to tell...if fact, history is the best story of all.
My approach is a bit obscure, I will be using rocks and an outline of a city to illustrate the history of the US. I am going to do it in my basement with my Canon Rebel, but have ran into some lighting problems--I cant keep the light the same throughout the whole production...should I just do it at night?
For the audio I will be using a series of ping-pong ball noises on various objects, mixed in to be the back audio. I as also thinking of using other surface noises, like water drops and screeching glass...any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. sounds interesting. I had the same problem with my lighting, and I'm blaming my camera. I'm using a small Canon Powershot. It is my only digital camera. I use it to scout locations. Sorry I can't help you with the lighting issue. I'm just gonna used this animation project as practice, until I reshoot with a better camera.

    ReplyDelete