Sunday, April 11, 2010

South Park=Favorite Show Ever

Last week we watched Wallace and Gromit in the Wrong Trousers (1993, Park). When I was six or seven my Uncle Heath gave me two VHS tapes of Wallace and Gromit; I got the aforementioned Trousers as well as A Grand Day Out (1989). I watched them endlessly, but rarely thought about the animation. Only after so many years and being told to do so did I actually look for fingerprints and individual movements--very cool. Nick Park is a visionary in his field, he was a success on TV. I think it was successful because the characters have depth and feelings which children can relate to, while making it fun with tons of gadgets and clumsy/cheesy jokes (the best type of jokes). My favorite was actually A Grand Day Out--c'mon, the moon is made of cheese...and Wallace is obsessed with getting some...I encourage everybody to watch the rest of the Wallace and Gromit series...http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/...the website is cool yo...
For my paper I am going to write about my favorite show ever...South Park (1997-present, Matt Stone and Trey Parker). According to imdb.com the shows tagline is: "Four boys. One F**ked up town." I started watching this show with my family when I was in third grade; my dad loved it and every week it was a family event to watch these foul mouthed children. Over time, however, South Park has progressed from a show mostly comprised of childish dick and fart jokes to a show which provides large amounts of social commentary--touching on everything from the struggling economy and Facebook use to Guitar Hero and World of Warcraft. Now in their 14th season Matt Stone and Trey Parker's show is one of the most radical and socially critical shows on television. Any episode can be viewed on ComedyCentral.com.

1 comment:

  1. I never was brought up into Wallace and Gromit. Before this class I think I had seen maybe 2 episodes of the show. It seems like a good show. I also find myself looking for fingerprints now whenever I see clay-mation. South Park is also my favorite show ever. Like, 80% of my blog posts have something to do with them. Awesome show.

    ReplyDelete