Sunday, February 28, 2010

Geefwee Boedone's Let's Pollute was the winner of this years animation showcase at the Big Muddy film festival. It was a satirical piece on Americas history of over-consumption and pollution; right from the advent of the machine age to modern corporate mis-cues. The wit is undeniable and the animation is comical--all is hard to not laugh at.
The animation style in Let's Pollute was very simple line drawings. The characters movements flowed well, but I did wonder how the background was done. The characters were seemingly separated from their surroundings. It seemed like it was pictures all from different pieces of paper, which were then put into a sort of collage. It was colorful and fun; a lot of work I'm sure.
Finally, for my project a fellow student and I are re-making a scene from the film The Big Lebowski (Joel Coen, 1998). The scene is going to be the one which they fight the Nialists in the bowling ally parking lot. I think we are set to do a stop motion with lego's, but I want to create a really good background. If anybody has any good mini-set suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment